Our Single Sign-On (SSO) Marketplace really is a marketplace with a difference…
In a nutshell, it’s an enterprise-level online platform that enables educational institution customers, service providers and value-added reseller partners to participate on a worldwide scale in an integrated, community-based ecosystem offering for sale the best web-enabled resources dedicated to teaching and learning.
Designed to simplify mobile learning for the education enterprise, our Marketplace features catalogs of freely accessible Open Educational Resources and commercial, web-enabled educational services from best-of-breed providers, including:
- web applications & services
- mobile apps – available for Android, Apple and Windows operating systems
- online courses – for use on all major Learning Management Systems
- individual digital resources which require a login – eBooks, videos, audio, interactive activities, games, assessments, lesson plans and much more made available for individual download.
Each of the services featured has a specific, pre-built SSO Connector which enables the IT administrator within an educational institution to manage and provision the service to any device (smartphones, netbooks, laptops, tablets…) and any operating system (Windows, Android, Apple iOS) – used by an associated end user.
Visitors to the Marketplace can register for free (creating a profile helps to define which services they may wish to see and which services are available to them) and can then:
- Search catalogs within the Marketplace (or the Marketplace as a whole) by subject and age range, and in due course, by country and language
- Try any of the services prior to their more widespread use within the institution, or to their purchase for paid for services. Most of our featured service providers offer a free 30-day trial period for unlimited usage within an educational institution.
- Download Connectors for web-enabled services which their educational institutions already use
- Purchase Connectors to a growing range of new web-enabled services.
The Marketplace is fully integrated within the latest version of our award-winning SSO Platform.
The Standard Edition of our Platform is now perpetually FREE to any educational institution anywhere in the world for an unlimited number of end users. We also offer the Premium Edition as an affordable upgrade that offers more advanced administration tools, unlimited use of a large library of enterprise level SSO Connectors, data reporting & dashboards, school-branded Passports, and unlimited 30-day try-and-buy pilot programs for any third party premium product in the Marketplace. For a full list of features of both the Standard and Premium Editions, please click here.
Once the SSO Platform has been implemented within an educational institution, the IT administrator within the institution (or within the School District, or State, or within any appointed third party provider) can then manage and provision these services to any of associated end user by any group or role – teachers, students, alumni, parents (the institution defines the roles or groups) – onto ANY device, either institution-purchased or personal devices brought in by the user (BYOD). To better understand the multiple benefits that the SSO Platform brings to an educational institution, please click here.
From an end user’s perspective, one username and password will give them instant access via the Passport on their device to any of the services that the institution wishes them to see, saving time and maximizing budgets spent on resources.
Via our strategic partners, the Marketplace will continue to grow to cover five geographical regions:
- North America (USA & Canada)
- Latin America (including the Caribbean)
- Europe (including Russia)
- The Middle East (including Turkey) & Africa
- Asia Pacific & Oceania (including India, Pakistan, Australia & New Zealand)