EduTone simplifies the complex world of interoperability to create seamless teaching and learning experiences that save time, money and administrative headaches.
EduTone is a privately held, high growth Delaware Corporation headquartered in Alameda, California, with a further office in Ukraine, and international presence in Australia.
Flexible, Modular, SSO, Provisioning & Data Analytics Platform
EduTone has developed a cutting-edge, tried and tested, easily customizable, enterprise-centric, Single Sign-On (SSO), Provisioning and Data Analytics Platform dedicated to serving the needs of today’s educational institutions around the world. Our Platform is founded on 3 core components ensuring that it can be easily embedded in an institution’s teaching and learning environment:
- Aggregation of the most widely used, free and commercial, web-based educational content, apps, courses and tools
- Integration of our Platform with the most commonly used educational platforms and technologies to enable its seamless and secure use
- Personalization of our Platform which can be customized, localized and personalized so that they meet the needs of our channel partners, and of school and college customers – including the individual needs of their teachers, students and curricula – in countries worldwide.
As a result, our Platform is:
- Cloud-hosted: Optimized to perform anywhere in the world
- Secure: Independently and continuously tested to meet the very highest security standards
- Enterprise-level: Designed for the education enterprise, schools, colleges and universities
- Hierarchical: Able to operate at country, region, state, district, individual institution and classroom level
- Device-agnostic: Accessible via any mobile and personal device (desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone)
- Platform and operating system-agnostic: Designed to works on Android, Windows, ChromeOS or iOS
- Multi-tenant: A single instance of our Platform serving multiple customers worldwide
- White label: Easily customized or localized for use by any educational institution or white label partner worldwide
Platform and Extended Product Portfolio
Our Platform – available “as is” or on a customized, white label basis, in components or as a complete, integrated solution (which we call a “Grid for Learning“) – comprises:
- Our SSO, Provisioning & Data Analytics Platform, a multiple award-winning Platform-as-a-Service technology that enables educational institutions to aggregate, manage and deliver all of their web-enabled applications, tools and content services to their end users by role, providing them with quick and seamless access from a single point-and-click widget on any device and operating system. With an ever growing library of over 300 “Connectors” to the most widely used web-enabled educational services, our Platform is fast becoming the mobile learning solution of choice in education.
Included as integrated components within the Platform are the following:
- Our unique SSO Marketplace
Instant access to a one-stop shop for web-enabled educational applications, content, courses and tools – both free and commercial, local and global – with in-built Single Sign-On, enabling educational institutions not only to try-before-they-buy as well as purchase services, but also to provision those services to any number of end user devices in minutes, and manage and monitor them virtually afterwards.
- ETL Tool
Easily customizable, enterprise level ETL (extract, transform and load) tool to extract data from multiple applications, transform it to fit operational needs and load it into end target Operational Data Store (ODS) or data warehouse. Currently used to extract user data within schools for use by web-enabled application providers whose products are used by those schools.
- Data Analytics Tool
Our Data Analytics tool is designed to extract school, teacher and student performance data from multiple data sources – including from any SIS, data assessment tool as well as performance and demographic data – enabling teachers to immediately pinpoint strengths and weaknesses of each student by standard and develop prescriptive, differentiated treatment necessary to stimulate student achievement. Uniquely, teachers are able to correlate the use by students of any web-enabled application(s) against their performance in summative assessments, enabling a school to measure the value of web-based resources against student achievement.
- Our Digital Content Library, a content aggregation service featuring an integrated single search and retrieval tool which currently contains over 1.5 million learning resources from over 50 global content providers.
- Our Teacher Community Portal, a freely available Web 2.0 community portal for teachers with over 100,000 registered English-speaking members from 25 countries.
The services have been unified into a new, community-led, multi-tenant, enterprise-centric, device-agnostic, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform branded the Global Grid for Learning (GGFL)which houses customized regional, national and state-wide Grids for Learning designed to meet local educational needs. GGFL provides a service layer, which uniquely addresses the differing needs of each audience within the digital education ecosystem. Our solution enables personalized, anywhere, any time learning by providing seamless access to digital content, tools and applications from multiple providers via a single interface with inbuilt Single Sign-On. And it represents a high value, low cost, managed solution which is compatible and interoperable with commonly used educational software, platforms and devices, ensuring efficient and effective use of existing infrastructure investments and budgets.
Our global customer community includes a large presence in the English language speaking education markets of the USA, UK and Australia where we serve 2,000,000 students and 100,000 teachers in over 3,000 educational institutions.
Our current strategic technology partners include Intel, Google, Pearson and Microsoft.